A total showstopper, and secretly super easy (but ssshhhh, don’t give away all your secrets).
You will need:
Smaller bucket or pot
Greens, berries or any festive florals
- Make sure your smaller bucket fits well into the larger. There need to be space all around for the ice bucket wall. I have found that metal / stainless steel buckets work so much better for getting the ice out of!
- Start by filling the bottom of your bucket a few cm of water and freeze for a few hours
- Then add your ‘inner’ bucket or pot. I fill mine with rocks here to weight it down.
- Next, add a little water (about half way) and pack in some greens and berries or anything you choose, we’re trying some orange slices and pine cones this weekend. You can choose to freeze here for a few hours then repeat the process to ensure even dispertion of berries and greenery, or just really pack it all in!
- Top with water, almost all the way to the top.
- Place in freezer. It takes about 24 hours for it to freeze completely.
- To get the ice bucket out, remove the rocks from the inner and add some warm water to the inner, then run warm water on the outside of the outer bucket for a little bit and it will come out super easy.
- Place a bottle of bubbles in it and you are ready to party Christmas style!